Oracle Essbase 11.1.2: Calculate Block Storage Databases
The Oracle Essbase 11 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification identifies professionals that are skilled in implementing solutions based on Oracle Essbase. The certification covers skills such as: defining and working with Aggregate Storage and Block Storage databases, developing Calculation Scripts, performing Essbase administrative functions and working with Essbase Studio. The exam targets the intermediate-level implementation team member. Up-to-date training and field experience are recommended.
- Create dimensions using rules files
- Load data using rules files
- Analyze data with Smart View
- Describe multidimensional calculation
- Create basic database calculations
- Analyze dimension attributes
- Gain an understanding of the mechanisms by which Essbase stores and calculates data in block storage databases.
- Learn the default database calculation order and investigate how it relates to block storage data structures.
- Learn practical methods for developing and testing block storage calculations, from the simple to the complex.
- Understand where use of dynamic calculation can improve database and calculation performance.
- Focus calculations on specific subsets of data.
- Compare the different calculation variables available and implement variables in calculation scripts
- Investigate different methods for implementing and planning multidimensional allocations.